Twitter is a popular microblogging and social networking service. Twitter, Inc. is based in San Francisco, California. It has more than 25 offices around the world. In twitter, users post and interact with messages known as “tweets”. The users can post, like, and retweet the posts. There’s a catch though i.e. you need to be registered on the platform in order to react, comment, and retweet the posts. Users access Twitter through its website interface, through SMS or the Twitter mobile app.
Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams initiated Twitter in march 2006. It was launched in July of that year. Twitter gained worldwide popularity. More than 100 million users posted 340 million tweets a day, in 2012. It handled an average of 1.6 billion search queries per day. It was one of the ten most-visited websites by 2013 and has been described as “the SMS of the Internet”. In 2018, Twitter had more than 321 million monthly active users. Since 2015, Twitter has been a hotbed of debates and news covering the politics of the US.
Twitter is a social media platform that is used everywhere today. It is available on multiple platforms such as phone, desktop, tablet, etc. You can also use Twitter to log in to other platforms and sites. Because it is so widespread, the way you log in varies depending on what you’re doing. From breaking news and politics to entertainment sports, and everyday interest.
If it happens in the world, it happens on Twitter first. See all sides of the story. Join the conversation. Watch live streaming events. Twitter helps us to know about what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now. It also helps us to express our thoughts and keep up with the news. Twitter has become identifiable by its signature bird logo, or the Twitter Bird.
Twitter.com: Sign Up on Twitter; Creating a New Twitter Account
1. In your web browser search for https://twitter.com/ or just tap on the link given link.
2. You will be guided to the official Twitter website homepage. Look for the “Sign up” button located at the top right corner of your screen and click on it.
3. A new sign up form will pop-up on your screen. Now enter your name and phone number in the empty text field. You also have the luxury to select an email address instead of your phone number if you like.
4. If you provided an email address while signing up. Twitter will immediately send you an email with instructions so we can verify your email address.
Note: Twitter uses this data to personalize your experience. The web browsing history will never be stored with your name, email, or phone number.
5. Go the your registered email and open the email send by twitter in order to verify your Email address.
6. You can skip this step if have used email. If you used a phone number to sign up, you’ll need to verify it by doing the following:
- Click OK when advice.
- Open your phone’s Message box.
- Open the text message from Twitter.
- Review the six-digit code in the message.
- Now, enter the six-digit code into the text box on Twitter.
- Click Next to continue.
7. Type a password that you can remember into “You’ll need a password” text box. Click Next to confirm your password.
8. Scroll through the list of topics. Click on the topic in which you’re interested. You can also click ‘Skip for now‘ at the top of the window. If you do this, it skips to the next step.
9. Click Next. It’s at the top right side of the page.
10. If you used an email address to set up your account, you’ll need to confirm it. At this point, you can use any advanced Twitter features:
- Open your email address’ inbox.
- Click the email from Twitter.
- Click the confirmation link in the email.
Congratulations!!! you have successfully sign up on Twitter. You can now login to your Twitter account.
Twitter Sign In; Logging Into Twitter Account
Already have a Twitter account but do not know how to login to your Twitter account? If that’s the case, then you’ve come to the right place to seek solution.
In order to login to your Twitter.com account, you must follow the given steps:
1. In your web browser type www.twitter.com or just click on the link and you will land on the official Twitter homepage.
2. When you first land on the Twitter website, you will see fields on the right-hand side.
3. It allows you to enter your username or email and your password.
4. Enter your Twitter username or the email that you used to sign up, as well as the password.
5. If you want to log in on the computer you’re using, check the “Remember me” box. You will not need to log in the next time you visit the site.
Note: Don’t check this on public computers. Else someone might be able to access your Twitter account.
Watch this Video Guide to Login Twitter:
Forgot Twitter Password; Reset Twitter Account Password
Forgetting passwords related to different platforms is a common problem and there are tons of solutions to solve the problem. Still, people find it difficult to keep track of their login passwords most of the time. It is not a huge deal though since all of the popular social media platforms have an option to recover or reset your forgotten password.
So if you have forgotten your Twitter password, you can still access your Twitter account by resetting your Twitter password.
Below are the steps that you need to follow in order to reset your forgotten Twitter password.
1. First, visit the official Twitter website and look for the “Forgot password” link on the right-hand side.
2. Click on the “Forgot password” link and you’ll be redirected to a new page.
3. You should enter your email address or phone number in the text field below.
Note: You cannot enter your mobile number if you have multiple Twitter account linked with it.
4. After you enter your email, you’ll soon receive a link from Twitter to reset your password.
5. Now click on the reset password link and you will be redirected to a page where you can create a new Twitter password for your Twitter account.
6. Finally, choose a new Twitter password and you are all set to login with your new password.