What is Facebook?
Facebook is an American social networking site located in Menlo Park, California. In Facebook users can post, comment, share photos, files, video, post links to news. You can also, chat, create a group chat and create a watch party to watch a video.
How did Facebook start?
Facebook started as a school social network at Harvard University in February 2004. Created by college students Mark Zuckerberg and Edward Saverin. It was only in 2006 that Facebook was open globally for all the above 13-year-olds. Facebook started growing rapidly. And soon surpassing MySpace to become the world’s most popular social network.
Facebook’s success stems from its ability to attract. It attracts businesses and interacts with websites by providing single sign-on that can be used on multiple sites.
Why to use Facebook?
Facebook is easy to use and open to everyone. Even those with little technical knowledge can sign up and post on Facebook. It started as a way to keep in touch or reconnect with friends who have been away for a long time. However, it was able to connect users with advertisers and businesses.
You can easily share photos, text messages, videos, status information, and emotions. The site is attractive and many users visit regularly on a daily basis.
Unlike some social networks, Facebook does not allow adult content. If a user violates the rules and receives a report, access to the site will be denied.
Facebook provides sets of custom privacy controls. It also helps users protect their information from third-party access.
Some key features of Facebook
Here are some of the features that make Facebook so popular and user-friendly:
- You can also chat with family and friends.
- Facebook allows you to maintain a list of friends. You can customize privacy settings, and set who can see your profile content.
- Facebook lets you upload photos and save albums that you can share with friends.
- Facebook supports interactive online chat. You can also comment on the friend’s photo, profile pages to stay in touch, share information, and greet.
- Facebook supports groups, fans, and business pages. Companies can use this feature to use Facebook as a social media marketing tool.
- The Facebook Developer Network offers advanced features and monetization options.
- You can broadcast videos using Facebook Live.
Facebook Sign up: Registering On Facebook
Getting started with Facebook is easy. You just need to fill up some of your information to create an account.
Follow the steps given below in order to create a brand new Facebook account:
1. Open any web browser of your choice. Type: www.facebook.com and hit enter. Make sure that you are on the official web page.
2. Below is the home page of the Facebook.com website. On the home page, Facebook gives you an option to sign in Facebook or sign up by giving your information.
3. Fill up the registration form starting with your First name and Last name.
4. Then enter your mobile number or email.
5. Create a new password.
NOTE: Password must be at least six characters long with an alphanumeric and special character.
6. Select your date of birth from the drop-down menu followed by your gender.
7. Before clicking on Sign Up remember to go through all your information.
8. Sign up process is incomplete until account verification is done. After clicking on Sign Up you are redirected to the next page.
9. Facebook will send you a verification mail in your given email address. You can confirm your verification by either clicking on the “Confirm Your Account” button. Or by copying the six-digit code and pasting in Facebook enter code box.
10. After clicking on confirm your account new tab will open to set your Facebook account. Now you can add your profile picture and other contact information.
Watch this Video Guide for the steps to Sign Up on Facebook:
Facebook Login: Signing Into Facebook Account
1. First of all, go to your favorite browser and type:www.facebook.com or for your ease you can click on this link https://www.facebook.com/. This will redirect you to the login page of Facebook.
2. Enter your username under Email or phone. And password under New password box.
3. Once you enter your details click on the “Log in” button on the right side of the password box.
Okay, now you have successfully logged in to your Facebook account. You shall see your Facebook homepage.
Watch this Video Guide for the steps to Login Facebook:
How to recover your Facebook account?
We all have been through such a situation where we just changed our Facebook password. And forgot what was it. Forgetting passwords in this busy life is common for most of the people. It is not a big deal. However, it might become a problem when you do not know how to reset your Facebook account password.
Below are the steps that you need to follow in order to reset your Facebook password.
1. Open your favorite browser and search www.facebook.com. And make sure that you are on the official Facebook page.
2. At the top right corner of the page, there is the “Forgot account?” Link. Click on it.
3. You will get redirected towards “Find your account page”. Enter your phone number or email on the text box given on the page.
4. Make sure your email or phone number is correct then click on the “Search” button.
5. You will get redirected towards the “Entering Security Code” page. Now you have to enter the security code sent to your email or phone.
NOTE: code is six digits long and never tell this code to anyone.
6. Check your mail inbox for recovery instruction. You have an option to copy paste given six-digit code in the “enter security code” box. Or click on the “change password” button.
7. Whether you decide to click on the “change password” button or enter the security code is up to you. If you choose to go through by entering the security code. Click on Continue after entering the security code.
8. Now choose a new password page will appear. Put the password of your choice and click on the continue button.
NOTE: Password must be 6 characters long and use a combination of letters, numbers, and punctuation marks in order to make it stronger.
This will reset your Facebook account password. You can now enjoy and socialize with your friends on Facebook.
Watch this Video Guide to learn the procedure to Change, Reset or Recover Facebook Password:
How to Log-out From Facebook?
Logging out of Facebook.com is quite simple. Whether you are on your newsfeed or on other profile pages
1. Click on the drop-down icon at the top right corner of the Facebook.com.
2. After clicking on the drop-down icon, a list will pop up. Click on Log Out.